View Single Post
Old
10-13-2010, 08:30 AM
Killion
Global Moderator

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OthmarAmmann View Post

So what do the businesses in the CFD even contribute? All I remember is parking and ticket surcharges... if it's some sort of sales tax it would just be passed along to the consumer. Even if that tax is only applied on event days, it probably would affect demand to some extent.All of this of course will make Jobing.com arena less attractive to non-hockey events.
I thought then & think now that IEH's projections on parking revenues were wildly optimistic so I wont even bother addressing it short of saying it would have to be instituted slowly & gradually in terms of price. As for the private businesses "voluntary participation" in the CFD, ya, it'd have to be a sales tax, but no, not just on event dates, all year long. I dont quite follow your reasoning that jobing would be a less attractive a destination if implemented. Parking & luxury taxes are the norm in dozens of markets throughout the US. Dont get me wrong, Im' no advocate for immediate $20 parking or 10% surcharges & taxes. It would have to be done slowly. Thus far, Ellman & the merchants are not included in the CFD, likely awaiting the disposition of a sale before moving forward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RR View Post

Where'd you get that number? Court docs indicated the liquidated damages claim is $550M? Judge Baum never did rule on damages.
Im guessing he got it from the upcoming (Nov) hearing before Baum. Isnt the COG seeking $200M from Moyes Estate, Moyes countering with $5M?.