View Single Post
Old
10-13-2010, 10:35 AM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 2468
Santa Claus reference...

These writers are so predictable its laughable yet pathetic for the industry.

1968 and football. Ideal for 2010 and Gagne.

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/hocke...cle1127755.ece

Quote:
Gagne, 30, just hopes he doesn't get booed.

Fans can be mean in Philadelphia. Santa Claus once was booed at an Eagles game. "So you never know," Gagne said.

It would be a shame. Gagne scored 259 goals for the Flyers, scored 40 twice, was a two-time All-Star and lifted the team in last season's playoffs with nine goals and 12 points in 19 games.

But the Flyers needed salary-cap space, so Gagne was traded for defenseman Matt Walker.

"I don't know if it's going to be tough or special; maybe a mix of both," Gagne said about being in the Wachovia Center. "I'll try … to go in the right locker room."

Gagne has fit in well with the Lightning, and though without a point in Saturday's opening win over the Thrashers, his screen of goalie Chris Mason was key on Lecavalier's goal.

"But that's Gagne," Boucher said. "He does the little things right. He does the little things to win. He's a tremendous player."

Still, Lecavalier said Gagne is "really going to have to focus" the next two games.

"He's played almost every year in the playoffs, so he can handle pressure," Lecavalier said. "But it's not even pressure, it's the excitement, the emotions."

"You still get a feeling for the people you were working with," Gagne said. "I'm not talking about the players but the people outside, people working in the building. That's going to be the tough part. I never really had a chance to say goodbye. But from the hockey side, it's over. I'm a Lightning now. It's time to say, 'Okay, I'm with a new team.' "

Last edited by MiamiScreamingEagles: 10-13-2010 at 10:58 AM. Reason: Year
MiamiScreamingEagles is offline   Reply With Quote