View Single Post
Old
10-13-2010, 02:02 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by deriik2020 View Post
My question is why? This team is not built to win a championship so who cares if we lose a few extra games? And if trading Roszi helps us long term...even if it's just to indirectly get a higher pick in the draft than I am definitely all for it. I am not a fan of tanking but I also am not a fan of overpriced vets who suck. If I had to choose between one or the other I'd take the extra losses. Between McD, Sauer, Staal, Girardi, Gilroy, MDZ, is it really true we can't disperse ROszi's minutes?

Drop off in D-play prob won'tbe as big as some are hinting. I think Roszi has been one of the worst players on the ice.
That's a great way to piss off Lundqvist and hamper MDZ's development (who could benefit from having an experienced D partner. None of our rookies are capable/ready for 2nd line pairing minutes.... Not Gilroy, McD, Sauer, Valentenko. Our 3rd pairing is already shaky enough with no veteran back there.

I was all for trading Prospal at the deadline last year but moving Rozsival now at the expense of acquiring a 1st line Center who will be a UFA this summer anyway is not a smart move. Plus, who's to say Dallas or any team even is eager to trade for him if he's as bad as you claim he is?

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote