Thread: mike richards
View Single Post
Old
10-13-2010, 01:39 PM
MrHockey1982

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhoun View Post
Scoring is about ends, not means. Carter scores at a vastly better rate than virtually everyone else in the NHL and certainly every non-superstar. Only seven players scored 40 or more goals last season. How many centers have scored more goals over the last two seasons? Crosby?

So, the standard that Carter has to meet is scoring more goals than any other center year in and year out? Seems pretty silly to me...

I see what you're saying but I have watched hockey for a very long time and Carter has the potential to be much better than he has been. I am far more impressed with Giroux and see him surpassing Carter as our best scorer eventually. So what you're telling me is that you're 100% satisfied with Carter's overall performance? I certainly am not but I recognize that he's very good. During his big year he was unstoppable for a few weeks and looked better than anyone else in the entire league for that short period of time. I want him to improve his skills such as one timers and getting better quality shooting chances. 33 goals for him just does not seem like what he should be scoring and I think he should get at least 40 for a few more years.

MrHockey1982 is offline   Reply With Quote