Thread: mike richards
View Single Post
Old
10-13-2010, 02:49 PM
Cartsiephan*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyskippy View Post
You're asking him to be successful in other ways than he's already found (one-timers, slap shot, etc.). Could be he's comfortable. Were it that big an issue, Lava and co. would address it. He's the Flyers' best faceoff man, he plays well against the top centers in the league, and can play both sides of special teams -- all whilst being the Flyers' most potent shooter. You wanna keep the magnifying glass over him, fine. You wanna keep claiming to see things others don't see, fine.

Just don't expect many to respect your opinions since you insult them ("fruitcakes") and claim to corner the market on insight.
I am so sorry, please send me to sensitivity training.

If he is comfortable then that is an even more disturbing thought. Professional athletes at this level should constantly be developing new parts of their game to work on. Maybe they have addressed it and Carter has not taken the personal time it would require to imporve those aspects of his game? Who knows? Maybe a change like this will help get a line with a little more cohesiveness and chemistry? I am only offering an alternative, devils advocate if you care, response to the "lemming theory".
Carter and Richards should be a very good pairing, I will be interested to see if over the next couple games if JvR gets more time with those two.

Cartsiephan* is offline   Reply With Quote