Thread: mike richards
View Single Post
Old
10-13-2010, 02:54 PM
Cartsiephan*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianFlyer88 View Post
You touched on ways Carter has improved his game since he's been in the NHL. He is continually improving in ways that help the team off of the scoresheet while maintaining a top goal scoring clip.

You claim people have overvalued Carter, but I mainly see people defending him for what he is. You seem to expect perfection for some reason.
See, I think those are things that he came to the NHL with, those come easy to him because he is a skilled NHL player who has relied on his skills to get him from one level to the next. What things has he really worked on to change? JvR went ot camps and got bigger in the upper body, made some mental changes to be a more physical player. I would like to see him take the next step and not rely on his wrist shot so much and develop a more consistent slapshot.

What is see in comparison to others is a player who has had things come easy to him, thus when the playoffs come around and it takes the extra effort to get the job done he comes up short. It is why guys like Richards and Briere come up big, they dig deep to work a little harder. Coburn would be another example, and it is why I hope this season he breaks out by applying the playoffs mentality to the regular season.

Cartsiephan* is offline   Reply With Quote