View Single Post
Old
10-13-2010, 06:16 PM
petelevi

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sens83 View Post
I think Gryba is 5th-7th on the depth chart. I would say Schira and Kinrade fitting the bill for the other two spots. Right now, winning games is a motivation. Do you go with the rookie or the players that have experience? It's a very interesting dilemma.
If the organisation agrees with you about where Gryba is on the Bingo depth chart, then he can sit. My personal feeling is that Geoff Kinrade isn't considered a long term prospect and he'd be the easiest one to sit for Gryba.

Quote:
You say the same for Cowick and Dziurzynski. Should they get playing time over Spencer, Lessard. How about Locke or Keller?
Actually, I said the situations were different. They are both younger than Gryba and are on 3-year contracts (not 2). One could definitely play instead of Spencer, but it doesn't bother me if they sit.

Quote:
I consider Benoit, Hale, Smith, Gryba defensive d-men, and Wiercioch, Schira, and Kinrade offensive d-men. So if you look at it from that angle, then Gryba sits.
Benoit and Smith are both offensive defenseman, Kinrade is a defensive defenseman. As I said above, I'd flip Kinrade for Gryba (unless Kinrade is in the organisations long term plans). Obviously injuries or call-ups make it easier for guys to get into the lineup and show what they can do.

I don't think Gryba (or anyone else) is *entitled* to play no matter what--and I don't think it's a big deal for him to sit for a couple of games, but if it continues I just have to wonder what the point is. I'd rather see him get some action in Elmira than sit.