Thread: Sami Kapanen
View Single Post
Old
05-06-2005, 04:44 PM
Bob Clarke Fan Club

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tytech
So you became a Flyers fan when all their history was pretty much a thing of the past. Though you had a bit of hope in 85, 87 and 97 you missed out on the good times. Why you seem to think I'm young is actually complimentary. In an NHL wide sense, Kapanen is not overrated, but to flyer fans he is. Like I mentionned, a few good games at D and he should have a gold statue outside the Wachovia center? It's rare a forward plays D and there's where the hype comes from. Same thing happened to Federov. I guess Sami is just as good? Again, in case you missed it three times already, I like Sami, I think he's a good player. I just think he's overhyped around here because he had to play D and did a respectable job at it. I think that any decent skating, smart hockey playing forward could play D well if given the chance. Doesn't mean he should be touted or praised as a god. Let this go, I won already.

I don't think that's what you said in your original post...and being a good skater and smart doesn't make you a defenseman...Sami did do well on the blue line...You're the only poster on this thread who compares Sami to Fedorov, at least I haven't seen anyone else do it. BTW what did you win???You seem to change the argument everytime someone disagrees with you. First Sami's undersized and overated and then only to Flyer's fans. Most of the coaches and scouts who sing Sami's praises know just a tad more than you, little buddy.