View Single Post
Old
10-14-2010, 12:25 AM
CanadianFlyersFan18

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Oysterhead View Post
I know the return sucked. We knew before the trade happened that the return was going to suck.

My point is people are acting like this is the first time they've ever seen a player for a team they liked get traded or leave or whatever. It ****ing happens. Seeing 1 out of every 5 posts on this board be about Gagne in some way and an abundance of people still rocking a Gagne avatar is annoying.
It's hard for some to let go of a player thats given his all to an organization for 12 years. For me personally, he was my childhood idol (Im 19) and will always be my favourite Flyer. The fact that a player who lead this team to the SCF last year got low-balled because our G.M. made idiotic moves during the offseason is what's frustrating. It's not so much the fact Simon is gone, its the fact the situation could have been avoid with better cap management and asset management. In time Flyer and Gagne fans will move on but don't expect it to happen 4 games into a season. This is the first time in 12 years Simon hasn't been starting for the orange and black, for me its rather weird.
With that being said I hope Gags has a great game tomorrow and the Flyers win a close game.

CanadianFlyersFan18 is offline   Reply With Quote