View Single Post
Old
10-14-2010, 10:12 AM
DrHamburg

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHockey1982 View Post
Yea, this is the common theme being a Flyers fan. Not ever picking up a solid goalie. I will say that Leighton was solid for us all season and throughout the playoffs until the finals for us. Bouch was also very good for the final game against the rangers and the first two rounds. So, if Leighton improved it's possible that we'd have a chance with our D. But now that we've got Bob in net, I like our chances even better!

Also I would like to thank you all for the intelligent discussions and prefer that we keep it that way without attacking each other. I respect all of your opinions and will only attack someone if they deserve it.

<<<<<< As you can see by looking at my arm I am a serious fan and really enjoy discussing hockey with other knowledgable fans. We are all working towards the same goal of winning it all. Let's go Flyers!!!

I feel the same way as you on the goalie situation. But if you told me again, that Leighton would play like last year until the finals and we were a Jeff Carter puck lifting goal on a wide open net away from a game 7 in the finals I would take it. Sometimes you have to give credit where credit is due, the Blackhawks had a stacked team last season and was part of the reason Leighton and every other goalie in the playoffs against them didn't play well.

DrHamburg is offline   Reply With Quote