View Single Post
Old
10-14-2010, 10:16 AM
HVPOLARBEARS19

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to HVPOLARBEARS19 Send a message via MSN to HVPOLARBEARS19
Great question OP and something I have had difficulty with as well. I am just about the same size as you (5'8, 165lbs) and have been struggling with a real good fit for a while. I had a 67 flex stick which I got for free, and could really rip a wrist shot with it, but I was shooting high a lot, and the slap shot wasn't doing much.

That stick was decent, but a little "too whippy". I tried out a stronger flex because I'm pretty strong for my size, and went to an 87 flex 2 piece composite. However, the 2 piece was for someone who was like 6'1, so I had to cut a pretty large amount of the stick off. Now the flex has to be at least 100 or so, and the stick is still a little too long, which effects my shot (I think...not entirely sure if it being an extra inch or 2 really does much). Not only that, but the only curve they had for a lefty stick was the Forsberg curve which I absolutely hate. Somehow I've managed to keep scoring, but I can't help but feel that the stick is definitely not right for me. I'll have to go for the intermediate stick again and see how it works.

HVPOLARBEARS19 is offline   Reply With Quote