Thread: News Article: News & Notes 2010-2011
View Single Post
Old
10-14-2010, 10:19 AM
sk84fun_dc

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by uscho17 View Post
Can't those same things you just described be done by AGordon or Beagle? The answer is yes they can. As the season progresses, you'll see exactly what you've said - nothing special. Hope I'm proven wrong.
I said something because I'm also a fan of AGordon's and Beagle's. And no I don't think AGordon and Hendricks play the same role, Beagle is more comparable. I understand some of the reasons Hendricks was signed as a depth player, but I'm disappointed for the two players you mentioned. I have issues with how this management makes some of their contract and roster management decisions, but pointing out Hendricks -1 (and not the goal resulting in the -1) from last night and in isolation rather than the 4 games as a whole is a bit much. I watched plenty of Hershey games the season Hendricks was with Hershey and Providence games the year after and some of the games last year while he was with Colorado.

OT: Just saw the newer posts, Andrew Gordon is willing to hit, stand in front of the net, and play in the corners, but he's not going to jump into a PK role or fight the way Hendricks has and I just don't see them as comparable players.

Pinizzotto's game play/decision-making needs refinement if his game is ever going to translate to the NHL level. From my perspective, signing Hendricks was a better decision than promoting Pinizzotto at this time. (also, while Pinizzotto was sent down earlier, he actually was not placed on waivers until the last round before the opening rosters were due.)

Last edited by sk84fun_dc: 10-14-2010 at 10:26 AM.