View Single Post
10-14-2010, 01:54 PM
Registered User
terreur's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,753
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by AHF View Post
If you don't mind, I'll hijack this thread instead of starting a new one with the same purpose.

I'm doing some translating for work, and one particular word has me confused : the word valve

Very common word in english, but in our french book, I see no consistancy whatsoever. I've seen it translated into:

My question : should one specific word be used constantly, or does it depend on the type of valve? I've been trying to 'clean-up' this book, but this one is really frustrating me...

(For what it's worth, this book/catalogue will be published in Quebec, not France.)
If by Valve you mean what controls the flow of liquid/gaz inside something the correcte word in french is Vanne.

terreur is offline   Reply With Quote