View Single Post
Old
10-05-2003, 06:23 AM
txpd

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jincargo
If he sticks on the top pairing with Gonchar I could see him geting 20+ points. But Cassidy is moving him around a bit...moving Kwiatkowski with Gonchar at times and Boumendienne with Doig. But it appears he should get the top spot...could be a good pick for offensive numbers with Gonchar needing to focus more on defence.
the signs coming off of Cassidy are that Boumedienne has failed in his shot. mcphee has been reported to have grabbing the two forwards on waiver draft day so that he could package one or two of these 4th liners, Willsie-Hamel-Pettinger-Henry-Peat, and possibly a 2nd tier prospect or a draft pick for a reliable defenseman.
That tells me that Boumedienne has failed. Berry has never been a Cassidy favorite. Kwiatkowski has been moved up to the Gonchar pair
and I from the number of goals given up recently with 29 on the ice, I don't think that is working out so well. I think McPhee and Cassidy are happy with Gonchar, Witt, Eminger and Doig. After that, its pretty spotty. NO Caps defenseman is going to have a lot offensive numbers other than Gonchar. Gonchar is the only Caps defenseman that will get any power play time to speak of. Gonchar may well be concentrating more on his defense. Thats is because of the lack of quality playing partner and his offensive numbers in preseason might have been better had Jagr been playing as hard as Bondra has been. The idea that the Capitals would actually hold Gonchar back offensively to let Boume be the guy trying to make plays is twisted logic,
though.