View Single Post
Old
10-15-2010, 11:12 AM
haohmaru
#bdwyblueshirts

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by robruckus View Post
How many points did we miss the playoffs by again last year? I forgot, I need you to remind me.

The Leafs are playing great hockey to start the year.

What if he's successful? Gilroy hasn't been successful at playing HIS side yet at the NHL level.

I don't know if he's played it in practice? Actually we do. We've got great reporters who cover the team, and never once has it been noted or reported that he's practiced on his off side.

I will give Sather blame for not having the balls to tell Torts that this isn't going to fly. However, I'll also take him at his word when he said he told Tortorella to put the bestplayers on the roster.
So, if Sauer plays instead of Gilroy tonight we make the playoffs last year? Interesting.

Maybe, just maybe, Torts is doing this to send Sather a message. Ie... "give me a viable option now that you've demoted Redden and left me without a 3rd guy on the left side".

Sorry, but I can't give you the benefit of the doubt on assessing Gilroy's NHL abilities after 69 games and jumping straight (despite being older) from college to the NHL. It's too early. He might not be able to handle it from either side. You aren't going to find out in scrimmages and pre-season games.

I get what your point is. I don't agree with it given the options Tortorella has. SOMEBODY is going to be playing on the left side with a right-handed shot. Might as well see who handles that the best.

haohmaru is offline   Reply With Quote