View Single Post
Old
10-15-2010, 11:24 AM
haohmaru
#bdwyblueshirts

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by robruckus View Post
My point is that you can't just say oh it's only one game and nonsense like that. It's early in the season blah blah. These games matter. Every one does.

I am not against Gilroy getting a shot, but if he's going to he needs to be allowed to play his normal side.

He struggled far too much last year to now throw him onto the other side out of nowhere.

I understand someone is going to be playing the left side with a right handed shot, but that's a decision the coach made.

I also hope that your theory on Torts trying to send a message to Sather that way is way off base. If they can't just talk to each other then we've got a serious issue here. Tortorella's job is to put the team in a position to win hockey games. I don't believes he's giving the team and his players the best chance to do that.
I can say it's only one game because that's what it is. If Gilroy is miserable on the left side then it's one bad game for one guy on an 18 man roster. That probably can be said for any NHL team on any given night (that one of the players didn't perform well). I understand that we missed by a ****ing SO point last year and I can't stand the SO to begin with. But this game has little to do with that.

I can't really blame Tortorella here - his only other option was a rookie with no NHL experience who really didn't stand out in pre-season. I think McD will be an NHL'er, but the staff really didn't think he was ready. What's Torts' other option as a L D?

I'm sure it's been communicated and I'm sure Sather is aware of the deficiency. Doesn't change the fact that if Tortorella uses every option at that position and nothing works that that will force Sather to get something done that much sooner.

haohmaru is offline   Reply With Quote