View Single Post
Old
10-15-2010, 12:40 PM
agrudez*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDoom View Post
The corporate crowd at the Wells Fargo Center does stink. I'm glad I got to experience the real hard core fan base that wasn't priced out when the Flyers were still at the Spectrum particularly in the mid to late 80's. The crowd was loud and true hockey fans. The Flyers sort of accomodated the hard core fan base with the more affordable Phantoms and the hot dog promotions but now they are gone as well. I like going to the main games like the one this weekend against Pitt but otherwise my HDTV works for me and I guess Comcast who gets my money...

It's sad but I think too much corporatization IMO has made the live experience seem too artificial. Now of course I have to watch CGI's behind the goal net on Comcast. Pretty soon corporate logos will be all over the Jerseys and everywhere there is an empty space. I watch some of the NHL classic games and it's amazing how the boards were mostly all white...I remember it when I first started watching but it wasn't long before the advertisements were all along the boards.
Look at European soccer and hockey teams...

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...1t:429,r:1,s:0

yeah, that is where we are heading.

agrudez* is offline   Reply With Quote