View Single Post
Old
10-05-2003, 07:52 AM
didjuicythat
@m_desroches

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coconut
Is Tamba Bay sending us their best prospects or "washups" (like the people we sent to Utah last year)?
Actually, the players Tampa sent down to Hamilton up to now are pretty decent. Many felt this summer that Eero Somervuori could have been in the Calder Race this season... maybe the management felt he needed another year of development before having a spot in the big league. Andreas Holmqvist is also a pretty good prospect, one of the Lightning's most promising. He's a two-way defenseman with decent size, that can use the body from time to time. I've heard from Tampa fans he felt uncomfortable at the camp, being seperated from his wife and his new born baby, so the management made the decision of sending him down. Thursay night, he scored a goal on a nice, low shot from the blue line in a Hamilton pre-season game. Let's hope his journey with our farm club will help being a more complete defenseman in the NHL.

Finally, Olvestad, who has played quite a few games in the NHL already, is a forward... but nothing of an offensive threat. He is said to be a defensive forward, that doesn't contribute much to the offense. I think he's a good addition for us, as he may get some PK ice time. I'd say the three guys TB sent down to Hamilton up to now are guys that could easily have played in the NHL this year, but Tampa's management feels one more year to improve some aspects will pay off.