View Single Post
Old
10-15-2010, 05:54 PM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

vCash: 375
Quote:
Originally Posted by macavoy View Post
Millionaires don't fill the seats, or at least 40 or 50 of them won't. Its your middle class that you need. Comparing Ottawa is a great example, bigger city and they can't sell out 41 games.

You have to remember, even 15 000 x 41 = 615 000

That is how many people you need to go to fill up every game. With a population of 675 000, you need practically every person to go to a game to be successful. Thats hard to do when you eliminate children that are too young, elderly.

Then you factor in income, factor out a good chunk of women. The average fan would need to attend close to 10 games a season to make the team viable imo.

Are there that many people out there that can afford 10 games @ $50 a pop? I just moved to the states (Indianapolis) and my goal this year is to catch games within 4 hours drives of me and one Habs home game. I'll be lucky to see 4-5 games.

If I lived in Montreal, I don't think I would see 10 games and I'm a life long die hard fan. I just don't see them having the population and money to do it.
As a life time Winnipeger if I would go to a game or two in a season that would be a high estimate, and that would be because I got freebees.

That said,

I have a hard time believing that there will be a lack of fan support in general, I know allot of people chomping at the bit to buy season tix if it were to come true.

As well, the guys at TNSE have done their homework on all of this and they think it will survive. So really who am I to argue.

King Woodballs is offline   Reply With Quote