Thread: Post-Game Talk: Maple Leafs @ Rangers - 10/15/10
View Single Post
Old
10-15-2010, 08:57 PM
Levitate

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecemleafs View Post
thought MDZ was actually pretty good in his own end tonight.
He had some gafs earlier on but came back strong in the later part of the game. The guy tries...I really like that about him. I don't feel like he's one of those offensive defensemen who just says "**** it" and plays soft, ****** defense and acts like he can't wait to skate the puck up the ice. At least Del Zotto tries and he should get better with that effort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyranger61494 View Post
The team battled back and got good play from certain players they are going to need to count on later in the year. There are alot of negatives in this game. I am going to choose to look at that positive.
Kinda how I'm looking at it. It's so early that it's hard to draw much of a conclusion from a lot of these games. Defense absolutely needs to tighten up, offense needs to start shooting the puck more, but iti's not all bad. The goal here is that by games 10, 15, 20, etc, the team should be getting better, clamping down on defense, rounding into the form that you need in order to play good hockey down the stretch. Too often we've seen them start hot and then never get better, while all the good teams get things in order and go on to have good seasons.

Defensemen need to start reading things better in their zone and working with the forwards better, forwards gotta get some chemistry going...hopefully if Gaborik isn't hurt then we'll see the "first line" get things going soon, etc.

No reason to flip out yet

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote