View Single Post
Old
10-15-2010, 09:42 PM
mrCoffea*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattKOTW View Post

The reason Canada is such a smart place to plant teams is because there's support even when the teams were losing. Just look at Carolina, Tampa Bay, and even Phoenix. Attendance is up when they're winning and attendance is crap when they're not. Towns like that honestly don't deserve teams. I just feel bad for the actual fans who care about hockey in those markets.
Kind of like when Winnipeg was losing and they couldn't sell out a 15,000 seat arena? Yeah, cities like that don't deserve a team.

And regardless, that's such a childish argument, because in the late 90's you saw some empty seats at Habs games (I remember going to games and having entire sections to myself and my group of friends because my friend's dad's company bought a lot of 50 tickets). Are you saying Montreal doesn't deserve a team either?

Those are things that happen in EVERY city for EVERY sport (other than maybe the NFL). How do you expect people in phoenix to gain interest if they fear the team is going to leave? If an owner buys them and they remain competitive, I'm sure numbers will go up

mrCoffea* is offline   Reply With Quote