View Single Post
Old
10-17-2010, 01:22 AM
Jaded-Fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
Congrats on the win, folks. Certainly deserved that one. I'd like your opinion on something: Is it me or the more emotional and the more that's going on in Flyers/Penguins games, the more the Penguins want to rub our faces in it? That's 6 games in a row yous have won in Philly, and this is supposedly a place the opponent hates to play, but the Penguins seem to relish the hostility.
There is something there. Crosby has by far the highest points and goals per game against Philly, especially in Philly, than he does against any other team he plays. Honestly, I think that still dates back to the whole thing with Crosby and the articles his rookie year when he got his teeth knocked out. Remember that the core of this team is very young, grew up together, and Crosby for one seems to get up for the Flyers unlike any other team. He has a huge presence in that locker room and I would not be surprised that the other Pens got similarly riled. That was a long time ago though, relatively, and likely would have died if Philly did not keep it fresh with all the Crosby sucks chants, booing, Hartnell trying to bite a Pen player's ear off, etc. That works on some, Jagr seemed to wilt in Pittsburgh under the boos, but by now I would have thought Philly would have learned it is not helping with Crosby, just the opposite.

Jaded-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote