View Single Post
Old
10-17-2010, 09:28 AM
DM23BK30
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhurley View Post
Did I say anything about how the altercation in 408 occurred? What I said was he was driven from the section.

The Leaf fans where I was in 409 ndid nothing more then stand up and cheer when the Leafs scored and for that they were abused and cursed at.

I have personally corresponded with the abused man from 408 and given the some of the morons I saw at the Garden (in my own section), I choose to give this Canadian man the benefit of the doubt.

Did you hear exactly how the altercation in 408 started or did you see the aftermath of the man reacting when his wife was being abused?

Never mind. the whole situation is both ridiculous and unnecessary.

Treating other people badly because they wear another jersey and cheer their team needs to stop.
It goes both ways. People who buy season tickets to watch games consider the Garden (or any arena) their second home. Cheering for the opposing team in an away arena can be viewed as a form of disrespect and also has several consequences.

I have always felt this way when I go to an opposing rink. I basically refuse to respond to any verbal attack. I just shrug my shoulders and keep watching. It doesnt make me more of a Rangers fan if I give Flyers fans the finger and fist fight my way home in I'm at Wachovia. Plus, it doesn't change the outcome of the game

One thing I will never understand are opposing fans who are grossly outnumbered and still open their mouths and escalate the situation.

Freedom of speech is most certainly subjective in the sports world, and it will always be that way. The closest thing to idealism in hockey arenas comes in the form of security guards. Good luck getting them to respond immediately.

Moral of the story: Know your surroundings, don't talk back (especially if your with your family) and if you have an ax to grind, wait until you get home so you can complain about fans on the internet from the safety of your living room.