View Single Post
Old
10-18-2010, 12:39 AM
grN1g

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by State of Hockey View Post
Sorry, but that's losing it. The LAST thing you want is the players to turn on themselves. I know it's been 8 years since the 2002-03 team was out there, but I'll never forget the quote by, I think, Darby. That team played for each other. They were that close, and it was why a low-talent squad could do so much. This is not team building.

I don't blame the coach for everything since he's been dealt a crap team to work with. But, he's obviously no Jacques either. If the players don't believe in him, the effort can go away too.
Richards reluctance to show emotion before and have light practices was him trying to build team chemistry, trust, and to by into the system. He gave them that chance to make the transition as smooth as possible, but that hasn't worked to the point where he should be satisfied. Now he's changing it up, every loss is another day gone for richards and hes going to do what it takes to turn this bad start around. Im starting to see this team commit more to the system and look more like a team, so maybe this is the lil push they need to bring it all together. Guess we'll find out tuesday! =D

grN1g is offline   Reply With Quote