View Single Post
Old
10-18-2010, 02:47 PM
howztheglass

vCash: 500
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC
I have no faith in Gilroy at this point. None.

A NHL defenseman should be able to get a hard shot through to the net from the point, let alone one that should be an offensive defenseman.

I wrote this in the around the NHL link but I thought it might belong here instead.

Very good point.After watching Gilroy play defense last season and 1 game this year he is NOT NHL material for a D-man--having played defense for many years in various leagues the only time Gilroy is comfortable is on the rush from behind the net(something forwards are use to flying along the boards waiting for the pass).Next time he plays watch his position along the boards in the offensive zone he never moves to the middle of the ice because he's afraid the other teams player is going to get by him(this is also part of the reason why his shot never gets through to the net--trying to shoot it through the other teams player).Not saying I know everything(which someone will write)but Gilroy should not be learning how to play defense at the NHL level the AHL is where he should be honing his craft--but you can see why he played forward in college(he is a good skater,has some speed and can stick handle he just looks like he afraid to make a mistake).I don't know why the Rangers wanted him as a D-man send him down to the Pack(Whale whom ever)and let him play wing and see what he can do--can't be worst then now(even though I don't believe it all his fault).

howztheglass is offline   Reply With Quote