Thread: Prospect Info: Prospect Tracker
View Single Post
Old
10-18-2010, 11:20 PM
flames123

vCash: 500
Here to say a few things about Brett Bulmer and Colton Jobke again.

Jobke has been a great leader for our team with out captain out: playing physical, working hard and playing in all three zone. For a small guy he has really upped his physical game for this year. He is getting huge minutes from the coaches, well over 30 mins a night. Last year he was really a 5-6D at best but he really picked up his good ending from last year and added to it. Because I have been here before describing his (and Bulmers) play I will just stick to how they are doing. He bring it every night and has been our most consistent player, and arguably our best player. He has dropped the glove a few times and isn't afraid to throw some dirty hits (I thought he should have been suspended for a elbow to an apposing tough guy... knocked him out). He is getting #1 PP time but he really doesn't deserve it imo. His offensive game is limited to passing, which he is probably good at the WHL level. Overall a great start but I see his minutes going down when our captain comes back. 0-2-2 in 8GP. 24PIM including 1 fight.

Bulmer has floated a lot the last while. In the first few games he was trying to do everything himself. He will have a 1/2 dozen shifts a game where he will jump on an opportunity and create a good chance. Other then that he floats around. He will go deep in his own zone and cover okay but he looks to lack work ethic to me. Maybe he has a nagging injury, I don't know for sure. He has showed is ability to drive the net and score tight in goals a few times. He has played a smart game. Massive liability so far. More spirited play needed. 4-1-5 in 9GP. 25PIM including 1 fight.