View Single Post
Old
10-19-2010, 01:14 AM
Wild Thing

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by StaalWars View Post
Don't forget how he missed the last two Rangers games before the Olympic break and than suited up for Slovakia a couple of days later. Than he gets hurt in the 3rd period of Slovakia's elimination game and suits up for the Rangers again a couple of days after that.

IIRC, there were always whispers in Minnesota about his injuries and dedication. I'm inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt though. I think there are just guys that are born fragile. Or unlucky.
Not whispers, really. It was a pretty common knock against him when he was here. In fact, for those Wild fans who didn't mind seeing him leave, I'd say that was the biggest reason.

Lemaire even called him out in the press several times toward the end of his stay here, because he was getting so frustrated with it after all those years of trying to figure out exactly what motivated Gaborik. He's a guy who marches to his own drummer, that's for sure. The injuries were always legitimate, but he had his own timetable for coming back from them and his own theories about how to work through them.

Wild Thing is offline   Reply With Quote