View Single Post
10-19-2010, 10:27 AM
Registered User
AHF's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,509
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to AHF
Alright, one last one and I'll stop bothering you guys.

We've got a lot of tables/charts in our catalog with various data. One that often comes up is 'Temperature Range' (as in -40 to +30)...

In the past, this has been translated into 'plage de température'.

Does that sound right to you guys? It really doesn't sound right to me...

I brought it up to a couple people from Quebec, and both of them were puzzled with the term 'plage'. They didn't get it at all.

Now, according to : this page, it is an accepted term in french. I'm just wondering how common this is?

Is this another case of the reader being able to understand the term, even if it's not the right one?

Between, 'gamme', 'étendue', 'écart' or 'plage', which one would you choose? Or are they all good?

AHF is offline   Reply With Quote