Thread: Speculation: Hartnell vs Umberger
View Single Post
Old
10-19-2010, 01:43 PM
mirimon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PantherStriker View Post
Somewhat off topic, but I'd take Scottie Upshall back any day over RJ Umberger. Dont get me wrong, RJ was a decent player for us, but Upshall gave us the energy and bite. From what I remember, he wasnt a PIM fiend like who we traded him for... Carcillo is basically a bigger upshall with worse hands.

I'd take Hartnell for the intangibles. He aggravates the opponent, gets under their skin. He also can score more in a season than Umberger. At the end of the day, goals are whats going to win you the game.
I like Upshall quite a lot, but he took a lot of unnecessary penalties, he even made his way into Stevens doghouse because of it at a few occassions if I remember things right. I'd definitely prefer him on the team over Carcillo of course, but if one doesn't take cap hit into the equation I'd take both Umberger and Hartnell over Upshall. Though one of the lines I'd like to think about back in the days was a Hartnell-Umberger-Upshall line.

Umberger must be somewhat of a dream player for a coach. He could fill in on pretty much every position except as first line center.

mirimon is offline   Reply With Quote