View Single Post
Old
10-19-2010, 05:25 PM
stcatcs12

vCash: 500
Sather's involvement in Rangers game plan

I'm not sure if this has been discussed before but I'm beginning to wonder just how much say Sather has in who plays and who is scratched.

I've read many posts bashing Tortorella for choosing to play Eminger and Gilroy while Sauer is scratched and Valentenko and Mcdonagh are in Hartford.What if Sather is the one insisting on Eminger and Gilroy getting ice time? They are after all his acquisitions. Maybe Sather feels we should be playing guys who have more pro experience, regardless of what they may or may not bring to the team.

Andrew Gross in his latest article reports that no call-ups will be made for the upcoming road trip, and we can look for Todd White to be given a bigger role to try and produce. I don't think Todd White was very impressive at all in the Colorado game, and I don't think he would be any more effective then Zuccarello or Kennedy would be on the wing. I kind of feel as if this is Sather's doing as well. White is a typical Sather reclamation project, and it could be that Sather wants him to get a legitimate shot, whether he earned it during pre season or not.

Perhaps Tortorella doesn't deserve all of the blame for the decisions he makes on who plays and who is scratched? Or maybe I'm just stretching here? I'm curious to hear what the rest of you think on this.
Apologies for the long post.

stcatcs12 is offline   Reply With Quote