Old
10-19-2010, 07:35 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
just because the flyers are winning doesnt mean shelley was a good signing.

that's like saying poop is tasty just because it isn't currently in your mouth.
Maybe if you had read the post you would have seen that I never said it was a good signing, just that it doesn't matter if we are winning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
So.. in other words all the problems go away if we are winning? Leighton and Shelly are two totally different circumstances also. Leighton was needed for a roll to win. Shelly isnt needed in a role to win. So that theory is out the door.

I understand what your saying but its very narrow sighted. Its like saying, say we beat a team 4-0 BUT we lost Richards, Carter, Giroux and Pronger due to injury. Would you still be like "well atleast we won"? This problem goes far beyond just winning. Having Shelly in or out wont affect anything.

See I'd rather INCREASE our chances of winning, then saying "well its ok since we are winning". I think we would look EVEN BETTER without Shelly.
Yes, all the problems do go away if we are winning. This is a long way away, but if the Flyers win the Cup with Leighton in net and Shelley playing on the 4th line, what is the point in complaining about the bad contracts, etc? Losing key players in a loss is 100% completely different from winning with a bad player with a bad contract. It is likely that losing Richards, Carter, etc would lead to losses. Keeping Shelley in the lineup at this point, hasn't really hindered this team that I have seen.

I agree that it would be better to have someone better in that position. I have said that from the beginning. But it really isn't hurting this team to have Shelley there. It isn't really helping, but again, Asham, young player, different sub $1 mil player, etc would not all of the sudden take this team to a different level.