View Single Post
Old
10-20-2010, 07:26 AM
Gobias Industries
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hal 9000 View Post
You see, the bolded part is what I find amusing. "poor fellow", "grabbed and shaken" "quite roughly". You're buying into the victim thing hook, line and sinker.

I've been to games - cheered, booed, chanted Gi-no, Gi-no many times, but I would never point out or look at an individual player and start taunting. If I did, I would as I said be directly involving myself into the situation.

And, for the last part; No I would not care in the slightest if a Wild player grabbed the arm of a Vancouver fan (under the same circumstances), for the exact reasons mentioned above.

Look, fans get involved in many ways and there is a difference between indirect invovement (which we all do) and direct involvement where a fan takes in upon himself to stand three feet away from a guy, and taunt him either verbally or with gestures. I have no sympathy for the dude.
Just so you know, this happens ALL THE TIME...Hell, me and my buddies rip Nick Swisher every time he comes to Toronto, we tell him his wife is a terrible actress and that he's a fat loser...he laughs and mocks back....that's reasonable...what happened here, isn't...in the arena or on the street, there's not much you can say to someone that would warrant (even if minor) assault, especially not in a situation like this where heckling is a part of the game...

To defend Rypien in any way, unless the fan instigated contact, is just useless IMO...it is indefensible...

Gobias Industries is offline   Reply With Quote