View Single Post
Old
10-05-2003, 11:45 AM
DarioinDenver

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goulet17
Devo is a big loss, as much as we'd like to think otherwise.

Not so much for his surprising offense at times, but he was a very solid defensive presence in the defensive zone. At 6'2" 215lbs. with great balance on his skates, he was a rock at times on defense and he gave the Avs another player to match and battle the league's power forwards down low. In fact, at times I think Devo was a more dependable physical presence than the likes of Blake, and even Adam Foote when it came to Todd Bertuzzi.

The Avs had the money to pay Devo what he received this year from the Rangers, but I think it was more of an unwillingess on the part of Lacroix to commit multiple contract years to Devo. It didn't fit with Lacroix's philosophy with respect to the expiration of the current CBA.
I could not disagree more. DeVries has slow feet, did not pinch forwards off the puck in the corners and wasn't impressive in front of his own net. DeVries, if anything is of the mold of Klemm but worse. That's just my opinion but I've always felt he's been overrated. When his linemate isn't named Adam Foote I believe we will quickly find out how truely overrated he was. I see no loss in DeVries except for jumping up into the play.