View Single Post
Old
10-05-2003, 11:49 AM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY_NiNe
Lazyness is more learnt then just plain having it. Kilger seemed to be a relentless player in those month after we aquired him from Edmonton, it was a new chance for him and he was making sure to take full advantage of it.(Wow, we have one physical offencive player on teh habs in Kilger, cause I can't use any other examples) :\
Not sure I agree. Since drafted 4th overall, Kilger had all the hype but was touted as a guy that never took charge and did not work his ass off to bring his game to the next level. Of course every player has a boost when he's traded. He wants to impress. But that's not the real player. That's not what is to be expected (well not necessarly). And before you ask me how do I know that Ryder will continue to work like he did in pre-season as he too was trying to impress, I'll just respond that anybody that followed Ryder a bit since drafted knows that he does not have any other way to play that game. He always gives his best, no matter the circumstances.

Ryder is the complete opposite of Kilger. He's smaller, but plays bigger. He's slower, but is smarter on the ice. He was a very late pick that everywhere he played, never received credit from anybody, as opposed to Kilger who received too much, and continued to work his butt off years after years to become the complete player he is today, where Kilger never step it up. Kilger's still pretty much the same player he was when drafted. Ryder's not.