View Single Post
Old
10-05-2003, 01:01 PM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY_NiNe
He was a very late pick that everywhere he played, never received credit from anybody

You siad it best with:

Then you wrote:

First I am only using Kilger as an example of a big player being lazy, not really a comparisson.

From those 2 quotes you just prooved my point, players need to proove themselves, Ryder was a 9th Round pick, he damn well needs to impress to get a chance, so obciously if he is a lazy they wouldn't look twice.

But on the other hand, Kilger was 4th Overall and well no matter what he did, he had a lot of chances so they aren't really comparible.

Will Ryder be like Demitra, a late round steal, or like those no name players that we never really hear about? It's up to him, he has shown us that he has the potential, the will and desire, but will he keep it? I think he will, but I wouldn't bet the house on it.
Well ok then. I think we can come to a consensus about that one. Agreed Kilger and Ryder are not comparable as they followed very different paths and have very different personalities as you just mentioned.

Also it's true that nothing guarentees that Ryder will produce like crazy in the NHL (and it was never my intention to say so). He might be a 4th liner, might be more, but I just wanted to set things straight regarding his style of play and attitude as Ryder is a clutch player that not only plays fearless, but plays consistently hard.