View Single Post
Old
10-05-2003, 12:05 PM
Lowetide

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilswell
[*]Picking out spectacular trades as if they were normal. So let's assume that the Yashin trade was a fantastic one for Ottawa. Not all are that good. In fact, very few are. It pains me when someone picks a 1-in-100 trade and says: "someone else got that good deal, why couldn't X do as good?". It seems to me that whenever there's a seriously lopsided trade, there's a GM on the losing side who is desperate and/or stupid. Its not always possible to find a GM like that. Its a little silly to blame the GM if they can't find one each time...JMO.[/list]

Agreed completely. The most lopsided trade of my lifetime was the Hawks/Bruins trade that sent Phil Esposito, Fred Stanfield and Ken Hodge to Boston for Pit Martin, Gilles Marotte and Jack Norris. However, the man who made that trade (Milt Schmidt) was fired 5 years later because he lost his goalie to the WHA and his best prospect to expansion and didn't see it coming.

Lowe's done a solid job imo, although there are cleary better GM and also clearly worse GMS.