View Single Post
Old
10-20-2010, 11:27 PM
Markowicz
Simple Jacques

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaker View Post
The hate for Pouliot is ridiculous. Hes a young player, and is looking pretty good out there. The expectations are high for someone who barely has a full NHL season under his belt. For a board that goes by the name of Hockey's Future, we sure seem to only care about the present.
First of all this board is all about hate. It's the one thing i find so weird about this board: you have to love certain players on your team and hate others. It makes no sense. Personally, to a certain extent, I like all our players. In the case of Pouliot it's a confidence issue, and you can't hate a guy for that.

Also, like i've said earlier Pouliot playing with Lapierre and Halpern is not a huge demotion, and if the coach sees what he wants to see from Pouliot, he'll be back on the Gomez line in no time.

I'm in a hockey pool, 32 players deep, and i know a thing or two about players being bounced from a top line and having to play their way back on. TJ Galiardi was on the top line almost all last year with Stastny but this year he found himself on the 3rd line for a couple of games. A couple of games later, after some good hard work he's back up there on the 1st line.

Bottom line is that yes Gomez and Gionta haven't been great, but Pouliot has just not been strong enough with and without the puck to fit on the line thus far. Show the coach some good work ethic and drive over the next game or two and all that can change.

Markowicz is offline   Reply With Quote