Pouliot - Plekanec - Cammalleri

Eller - Boyd - Lapierre
Pyatt- Halpern - Moen

Gill - Jorges
Hamrlik - Subban
Picard - Spacek

Price
Auld

Note: I would put Kosititsyn on his (natural) left wing with Gomez and Gionta because he hot this season and try Cammalleri on the right side with Plekanec and Pouliot since Cammalleri has a better shot from that side (one timer) and Pouliot can bring size to the line.
I kindly disagree.

Kostitsyn throws his body more then Pouliot does, so adding Pouliot's "size" does nothing really, in terms of the physical factor on that line. And I wouldn't feel too comfortable breaking up the top line, which has been contributing the most so far, this season. The Habs problem is on the second line, so fixing it shouldn't have to include breaking up the only top line that is clicking.

It all really falls down on Pouliot in this situation. Without the puck, he's playing well and he's playing smart, but with the puck, he hasn't been producing. Perhaps a lack of confidence, or maybe something else, but whatever it is, it's working against him. He has all the chances a top 6 player can get to put up points, but the finish isn't there.

Shawn Wilken is offline   Reply With Quote