View Single Post
Old
10-21-2010, 08:10 AM
BernieParent

vCash: 500
After having watched the video interview, I actually think he came off as being pretty level-headed. He didn't complain about any long-lasting personal effects, inability to do his job, neck injuries, etc., that would set him up for a major lawsuit against Rypien. A lot of what he said was probably what would have been going through my mind.

Was it determined what this guy said or did that set off Rypien? He didn't seem to throw anything or make any other gesture that would have had Rypien acting in self-defense. As for what he said, professional athletes should be able to shake off most anything that is yelled at them. I'd venture a guess that this guy had been giving it to the Canucks before this incident, given his proximity to the bench. Rypien lunged at him even before walking down the corridor. I think Rypien is completely in the wrong, though the harm is pretty minimal; however, player-on-fan attacks, even this minor, can't be ignored by the sports association.

Were it me, season tickets would be nice and an apology, and I'd ask Rypien to donate whatever amount he wanted to a Wild charity.

BernieParent is offline   Reply With Quote