View Single Post
Old
10-21-2010, 11:46 AM
driller1
Dry Island Reject

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brando View Post
I understand but this happened in the first period. Is there no communication whatsoever between our players,coaches,trainers? Nobody goes into the locker room and says, "what happened to Doughts?" and when the response comes,"Cole caught him", that should be enough. Even if it seems minor at the time its important that a message is sent, especially if it's our best player. I mean this 20yr old kid is only the best thing to happen to this franchise in 17 years god forbid we overreact in protecting him.
I'm sure they knew it was Cole, but they were probably unsure if Doughty ran into Cole, or if Cole used a elbow/shoulder/fist or if it was simply 2 guys running into each other. With hindsight and slow motion replay, its much more clear what happened. Look at what happened to Brown, when he was pushing and shoving- DD2 jumped right in cause he saw what was going on. All I'm saying is that it wasn't clear what happened to DD until after the game. And don't get me wrong, I'm all about head hunting next time we see Cole, whether its next year or the year after.

driller1 is offline   Reply With Quote