View Single Post
Old
10-21-2010, 01:27 PM
Melrose_Jr.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tube Sock View Post
Far superior when rested which they were not. I feel like the Rangers failed to take advantage of a road weary opponent. It showed that Colorado was tired and Sacco made adjustments to the strategy starting in the 2nd period. They sat back and played a more defensive style. They did not attack as much as usual. Granted the injuries hurt the Rangers, and perhaps lackluster was too harsh of a word (however I think it sums up the start of the season quite well).

Eminger is easy enough to blame but the team as a whole did not play a solid game. I would rate it a C+. I am afraid that the current situation might prove to be too much for this young squad, can Dubinsky, Callahan and Anisimov carry this team? I'm not so sure.
Indexing it against games that I would describe as lackluster, it was an improvement. I was actually kind of surprised, but your point about the Avs "taking their foot of the gas" is certainly accurate.

Bleed RangerBlue called this game a character check for guys like Dubinsky and I agree. I'm guessing Torts will tell the first line that they're the ones expected to set a tone for the game. How they respond will probably the real story when it's over.

Melrose_Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote