View Single Post
Old
10-21-2010, 02:35 PM
neofury*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
neofury

just found a Honda Accord, 2003 LX-G, with 113 KM .. private seller .. he's serviced it at Honda and has all the bills to prove it... He's asking 8k, but negotiable (so figure $7000 to 7500).

I think it's a good deal, you?
I'm no pro with buying used cars but you may want to look into it. An 03 Honda for 7k sounds good. Isn't the LX-G one with a normal engine but it's a luxery model in terms of options/interior etc?

A 7 year old Honda is comparible in price a lot of the time to some 3-4 year old American cars. I'd see what a 3 year old Taurus sells for and compare the prices. Same with maybe a Malibu, similar class cars that aren't as old.

Honda retains a ton of value due to the fact that the parts last long and are cheap to replace, that and of course the labor being easy to do and affordable as well.

What I will say is check it out, if you like it take it to a garage, ask them what they think the trade in value would be and what they would try to sell it for. (don't tell them the price you're paying)

An unbiased opinion from a mechanic could be helpful to gauge the true value of the car.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote