View Single Post
Old
10-21-2010, 02:49 PM
JT Dutch*
Cult of Personality

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy1100 View Post
What I am saying is that, moving forward, if someone hits Doughty and that hit is even remotely questionable (I don't care if it's a good hard clean hit), someone needs to make an example of the person that hit him, regardless of whether or not the hit was clean or dirty. I'm not advocating a Bertuzzi or McSorely response, just a response.

I'd rather lose one game on a bad penalty
... Well OK, you're not talking about a McSorley or Bertuzzi response. So, what exactly are you advocating? Why isn't a good hard clean hit enough of a response? Even if the Kings had guys like Joey Kocur, the late Bob Probert, etc etc ... you don't think guys are gonna get hit? Of course they will, especially if they're caught admiring their passes or skating absent-mindedly over the opponent's blue line. THAT's hockey; your guys get hit, and you go out and hit other guys. Checks get finished. It wasn't like Doughty got a cheap shot with a stick. If we're talking spearing, heavy slashing, heavy boarding - then OK, alright, make an example of them. But a clean hit?

I actually think this is a good thing for Doughty. He's gotten off to a slow start this season, and it might wake him up. In the recent past, he's done a lot of mouthing off. If you're gonna talk like that, don't be surprised if you get hit. Hell - don't be surprised if you get hit, regardless. There's no reason to advocate a dirty act that may or may not cost the team down the road. NO one is bigger than the team, not even Drew Doughty. If, in the next game against Carolina, Brown or whoever is able to catch Cole with a big hit ... then great, message delivered. There's the receipt. But I don't advocate anything beyond that, not for something like this.

JT Dutch* is offline   Reply With Quote