Thread: OT: Automobile Questions
View Single Post
Old
10-21-2010, 03:53 PM
BadHabit

vCash: 500
All wheel drive Honda? How long have they been making those - 5 years? Less than that? I'm sure they've got it all figured out in that time. Subaru on the other hand has been designing and manufacturing their AWD system for nearly 40 years. They have been consistently one of the best manufacturers in the World Rally Circuit until they left and have won many titles even in the production class driving cars like what the public drives. Bottom line? Just because Honda or any other manufacturer throws an "AWD" sticker on the back of their vehicle doesn't mean it's of the same quality system as one that has been proven to be one of the best year after year.

You will have to decide what you want. If you don't care about AWD that much and just want a beater that will last, by all means get a Honda - they are excellent cars. (a Pontiac Vibe though, seriously??) But if you want an amazing AWD system that will get you through just about anything and keep you safe, all while being just as reliable, pay a little extra and get a Subaru. You won't be disappointed. My WRX and my fiancee's Forester are the best vehicles I have ever driven in snow. Put some winter tires on them and you'll be unstoppable.

BadHabit is offline   Reply With Quote