View Single Post
Old
10-21-2010, 07:26 PM
ChicagoBlues

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluesFan45 View Post
The kicker is getting him over. He signed a two-year deal.

Tarasenko is coming, but will Lehtera leave for a checking center role? Not sure he can fill that in the NHL. Is he a winger? Maybe. I can't see him getting out of the deal to play for Peoria.

The Blues got him on an ELC...so my guess is at some point the option is there but not likely till 12-13. At that point who knows how he'll be playing. I would guess that his eventual arrival on this side would be similar to how Nikitin came over?

Will be interesting IMO to see how the KHL prospects (Nikitin, Lehtera, Andronov, and Tarasenko) turn out opposed to College/OHL > AHL track prospects.
That won't be his role. I see Berglund taking the #1 center role fairly soon with Lehterä and Schwartz going for the #2 center slot. Lehterä seems a little ahead of Schwartz in terms of overall development, which makes sense because he is about 4 1/2 years older than Schwartz.

If Lehterä has any interest whatsoever in coming over to play in STL, then he is going to have to come over next summer and train with Blues players and prospects and attend camps and tournaments. If he does not do these things, then I would say he is not interested in eventually playing for The Blues.

On the other hand, he may have already expressed interest that we fans may not know about. Maybe management will wait until it is time to re-sign him or not, which would be the spring of 2012.

But, again, he slots where he slots and if there is a spot and interest on his part, then it might be a good match in a couple years.

Last edited by ChicagoBlues: 10-21-2010 at 07:49 PM. Reason: spelling & grammar
ChicagoBlues is offline   Reply With Quote