View Single Post
Old
10-21-2010, 08:31 PM
BluesFan45
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoBlues View Post
That won't be his role. I see Berglund taking the #1 center role fairly soon with Lehterä and Schwartz going for the #2 center slot. Lehterä seems a little ahead of Schwartz in terms of overall development, which makes sense because he is about 4 1/2 years older than Schwartz.

If Lehterä has any interest whatsoever in coming over to play in STL, then he is going to have to come over next summer and train with Blues players and prospects and attend camps and tournaments. If he does not do these things, then I would say he is not interested in eventually playing for The Blues.

On the other hand, he may have already expressed interest that we fans may not know about. Maybe management will wait until it is time to re-sign him or not, which would be the spring of 2012.

But, again, he slots where he slots and if there is a spot and interest on his part, then it might be a good match in a couple years.
I don't think he will either. He could be the 3rd center depth-wise which seems to usually be the checking role. Thats more what I was getting at, just not described so well.

Berglund long term and then McDonald, Oshie and Backes all filter in as potential centers as well. Not sure I think he can earn time over three of those four.

BluesFan45 is offline   Reply With Quote