Thread: Ryder vs Ward
View Single Post
Old
10-05-2003, 02:25 PM
Garnet

vCash: 500
Ryder

About Ryder and Ward in the AHL. How many games did you watch?? If you think Ryder was better than Ward. Ward was the leader played on the top line and faced the oppenents top lines. Gratton went down with a injury and Ward was always shadowed. Do get me wrong I like both guys and I think there both going to make the team. Julien is trying to balance out lines so players could end up anywhere.

Ryder had a tough time till about November last year because he lost his confidence at the start of the season. Ryder wasn't playing because of his own doing not the coaching staff. Ryder was terrible at the start of the year and is a different player now.

Ward skating is OK but his hands and ability to see the play are great. I think Ward can play on the first line with Koivu. He will make space and be in and around the net using his big frame. He will also see PK time this year as well because he's great at it.

Ward was the leader on the Bulldogs, MVP of the year. Ryder had a great a season but was none of the above.