Thread: OT: Automobile Questions
View Single Post
Old
10-22-2010, 09:16 AM
coolasprICE

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
It's possible, but I've never heard of that before either. So I agree, it's probably a good idea to call the dealership. The only reason I can see him wanting you to do the transaction at the dealership is he's using your money as his down payment. This way he doesn't have to hold the $7500 you give him or wait for a check to clear if that was your agreement. He'll just have you give the money to the dealership directly.
He said it's for discounts purposes that the dealer offers if he brings me, but you're theory is a good one too. I'll call the dealer (he told which one it is) and inquire.

Quote:

The $100 deposit isn't bad, but I hope you got a signed receipt? As for the waiting, you're in the drivers seat so to speak. I would have told him to drop another couple of hundred dollars off the price for your inconvenience, but that's just me.
oh, right now I didn't leave the deposit. He's going to be calling me today with news from the other 2 interested buyers. I agree with what you said before, he'll likely come back saying " they offered me 8K " and try to squeeze more out of me. Hope I'm wrong.

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote