View Single Post
Old
10-22-2010, 11:22 AM
Flyskippy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartsiephan View Post
A little story.....a number of years back I went to a Bruins-Blackhawks game in which Bob Probert had just been sent to the box. The stands were empty but we were about 6 or 7 rows directly behind the box. I made some comment about "how about you and me go out, pick up some blow, grab some hookers, and have a good time?".........he turned and looked at me, gave me the finger, and slammed his stick on the glass. If that barrier was not there I would not have made that judgement move to say something. People heckle all the time, but if the judgement to sue a player is because he got his shirt grabbed....come on, what is next slip and fall in aisle 2 at the supermarket?

This kid did something to antagonize the player, the player acted is a stupid fashion which will obviously fall under the scrutiny of the NHL discipline committee, but is still does not give the kid the right to sue for damages when none occurred. Suck it up, be a man and move on. This is where I say if he has a case for anything it would be against the arena for not preotecting the fans and allowing them to be protected from any such occurrences of behavior which would be retaliated upon.
When you were little, I bet you were the kid that clanged a stick along the bars of the ape's cage - and got poo flung at you.

Flyskippy is offline   Reply With Quote