Old
10-22-2010, 02:09 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Having your lawyer call up and say that you will file a lawsuit unless they want to talk about a settlement is neither... as there is nothing wrong with filing a lawsuit.
Discussing a settlement is different than calling up and threatening legal action unless they are going to pay you off. You can threaten lawsuits all day long against whomever you want, but once you start asking for money not to do it, it becomes blackmail, extortion, etc. Generally, in a settlement, the opposite side would call and say hey let's take care of this because blah blah blah. A complainant doesn't call the defendant to settle, that would be a great sign of weakness.

Quote:
So, why have I seen video of stuff from the 70s?
First of all, those are WAY WAY WAY different from what happened in this situation. Fans climbing into the stands and beating someone with their own shoe is different than a split second shirt grab. Moreover, not that you don't remember it per se, but it just isn't there. I remember watching the Pacers-Pistons brawl a few years ago, but it isn't something that I think of every day. I remember being at the game when the Flyers broke the penalty minutes record against the Senators, but it isn't the only thing I think about when I think about hockey. These things go away until something in the same vain resurfaces. If there was a big basketball fight, you bet SC will talk about the Pacers-Pistons brawl. But I haven't heard about that for years. Just like if there was another huge number of penalty minutes in a game involving fights, they'd talk about the Flyers-Sens game. But I haven't heard about that since about the day after it happened.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote